Sunday Stash Report, January 7, 2024

The Pole Star Quilt Kit arrived.  I am thinking that this is the first project ever for me in all solids.  I am okay with all the colors.  At the start I wondered about the pink; whether it would suit my tastes.  It is more of a muted pink so I will go for its use rather than try for something to replace it.

The Kolonization (aka American Quilter's Stitch-Along by Lisa Bongean) has been started.  I am very happy with this.  There are a few fabric that I would like to have that I have managed to trace to a couple of fabric shops.  These arrived; both backgrounds.  Kerry has one that she has mailed.  I am still looking and checking with my quilting friends.  The fabrics are from an older line of Moda.  I could do with out; replace with similar, but I must try.

Kerry has quilts coming from me for her awesome work to quilt them.  We will be talking after they arrive when she has time to think about them.  She is working on one of her custom larger Christmas quilts.  Until she's done with that project nothing can go on her long arm.

So we begin a new year and a new status of yards used and yards purchased.  I am already in the red!  It will be nice to finish Kolonization.  It will be my first finish and one way over due as it is a 2022 UFO.

Used this week: 0 yards 
Used YTD: 0yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yard
Purchased YTD: 1 yards
Net used in 2024: -1 yards

No comments: