2023 Year At A Glance, January 3, 2024

Projects in 2023 were 21 with one in the quilting queue.  I do my best to have something in that queue to give me the binding that I like so much to do.  I have found stamped cross stitch gives me that hand sewing vibe.  I finished a project started by my Mom, Sunbonnet Babies and was happy to find more similar projects that are considered (as I chuckle) “vintage” to keep me busy.  

Korbett

Currently, I’m working on a very cute duck stamped cross stitch project.  Twelve 9” blocks all adorable cartoon style ducks doing things like dancing or reading a book.

Duck on Swing

Continuing the trend of using the fabric I have in my stash, 182 yards of cotton moved under my needle.  Comparing with 2022 not so good with using up the stash :(

Used YTD: 182 yards (2022, 184.5 yards)
Purchased YTD:  86.5 (2022, 62.75 yards)
Net used in 2023: 95.5 yards (2022, 121.75 yards)

The biggest project that took me months to sew was Chilhowie.  My version was made to order for a wedding gift.  A California King nearly double the size of the original project.

Emerald Chilhowie, Commission 2023 UFO

Although my UFO goal setting takes place each year I’m finding them hard to finish.  I suppose my goals are too lofty!  I still have UFOs to finish from 2021, 2022, and yes 2023 too.  I have a list for 2024…we shall see if that comes to fruition.  Hey we must set goals right?

My list of finishes in 2023:

Boca Blocks, Donation
Woodland Animals, Commission 2023 UFO


Kolony, 2023 UFO

Halloween Daisy, Gift, 2023 UFO
Kalliope, Sunshine Challenge

Kween
Krawley, Gift

Sunshine Charity Hopes & Dreams, Donation 
Kodkod
Kountry, 2023 UFO
Kicking, Gift

Kianti, 2023 UFO
Popstar, Donation
Sunshine Charity, Donation
Kortland

Kaper, 2023 UFO
Karess, 2023 UFO
Kauldron, 2022 UFO
Little Red Truck

I am collecting the recipe for Bonnie Hunter’s 2023 Winter Mystery called Indigo Way.  This mystery is one of my 2024 UFOs, but first I’m working off my early UFOs before starting. You can see where I am with my UFOs by year at a tab at the top of my blog home page.  Yes still the crazy names that start with "K".  Once again I close this year hoping there are more great finishes in 2024.  Happy New Year!

No comments: