Design Wall Monday, January 15, 2024

 


I have been wanting to get this project ready for my Mom to finish since I discovered this story book panel and brought it home.  At that same time I found the blue dot for the sashing and back.  Both of these were on sale too!  I knew my stash would provide the yellow frames and sashing.  The book tells a story called Little Angel by Joy Allen.  Mom will finish the sashing and top; hopefully Sherry will be an angel to quilt this charity item.  

Once I find binding fabric enough to go around and prepare it for applying after the quilt is quilted this kit will be headed for Maryland.

Nearly all day was spent getting ready for my Wednesday class at Road to California Quilt Show.  Lots of fabrics in the kit and most of the preparing required cutting with SCISSORS if you can believe that :)  The necessary preparing is complete thankfully.

There was a quick tip suggested by the teacher, Heather Black.  It requires yet more templates for the triangles of the pieced curved units.  I will be ready for that with templates, but think I will wait to see how this would fit into my paper piecing technique.  I am always open for new suggestions and will give anything a try.  It will need to be good to get away from the Add-A-Quarter and Bookmark tools.
I have started collecting all the supplies.  We will be using supplied sewing machines by Brother.  One can get a great deal on purchasing a Brother machine this week.  I am satisfied with my Pfaff and Janome machines presently.  I will not be bringing home a Brother =^.^=

Until next time I hope you are enjoying Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. Day in remembering what this day represents for many.  "...to honor the life and legacy of civil rights leader...a day that celebrates the life and legacy of a man who brought hope and healing to America."





No comments: