Let's start with the finishes! This one is the oldest, Karryon,
a 2021 UFO. I just love how it turned out. I had it mostly finished a week ago, but was delayed by not having enough fabric to finish the top and bottom borders.
Well the fabric arrived on Saturday YIPPEE! I cut the desired length and width, lastly sewed into place. The backing that will be gray fabric with a bit of movement left over from a former project fit just perfect for Karryon
. I will likely use the same gray or perhaps a bright red for the binding.
Kyushu, the first 2022 UFO to finish! This is Bonnie Hunter's 2021 Winter Mystery. I changed out the pink for salmon/orange fabrics. I really like the end result! Aqua will be for the binding, unfortunately not what was used in the 1/2" finished sashing because I don't have any more to make it around the smaller than the original design. I did use a backing fabric that is likely one of the oldest yardage pieces in my stash. Happy for for it to be used after maybe 10 years.
I also finished Sunshine's February BOM. I liked it so much that I decided to make a smaller version. Then there were three! Now what?
As long as I'm shrinking things down...this will be one of the next projects to work on. Sweet Apple started from my Mom's quilt guild then made it to Sunshine's September BOM that I coordinated. I wanted to make several of these blocks into a small wall hanging. The pattern has been staring me down since September! I've pulled the reds and browns for it from my strip stash and will add the greens not used from the shamrock project to put it together. While I'm at it I also pulled reds to make two Be Mine projects. One the full size for my niece and the other smaller for myself.
Another project that is coming along is the Sunshine October BOM Win. I have been waiting for space on my Design Wall to find a complimentary setting to use. That being said I made a few more pumpkin blocks with more oranges and greens coming from my strip stash.
I told you I was building up for Acorn Soup project. The fabrics started arriving last week with just one more to be delivered. These fabrics are hard to come by as the Squirrelly Girl line has been out for sometime.
This is what I have right now. It is an applique project with the finished acorn block being 6". I want to get one of the darker browns used in the project and then along with what I have can pull more fabrics from my stash to give the project a good variety.
Next up came back from Kerry. I didn't make the top. It was a project made long ago by a friend of a friend's mother I believe (Christy?). I provided the back and Kerry did her magic! The center was a bit difficult during the quilting process, but you'd never know it. These photos are of it trimmed down. I'll be headed to Rosie's to find an appropriate binding fabric; both Kerry and I think that red would be a nice compliment.
Along with the Lonestar quilt came shared fabrics from a basket Kerry won years back from Sunshine (or it could have been an auction). We will both be making this table runner called Turkey Trot.
Have quite a bit of change to my counts...and it certainly is about time! Out of the negative and on to more positive counts.
Used this week: 18.5 yards
Used YTD: 18.5 yards
Purchased this week: 4.5 yards
Purchased YTD: 12.25 yards
Net used in 2022: 6.25 yards
|GoGo Secret Agent Feline|
|Katty Diva with Empty Glass in Chair|
During the week I also got a couple of new Alley Cat figurines... I have quite a collection going! I just love these sexy cats by Margaret Le Van.