Sunday Stash Report, October 23, 2033

Are you keeping your porch light on this year?  I'm still a bit reluctant, sadly.  I so enjoy the trick or treaters.  I remember growing up running around the neighborhood all dressed up with my bag of treats.  Days are not what they once were.  Now there is so much to consider =^.^=

This weekend was like a retreat for me.  DH knew I missed my sewing room; I warned him that there was lots to machine sew.  He was a bachelor most of the time from Friday after working hours through much of today.  This was one of the projects I wanted to finish.  Ithink it turned out really cute.  It is an adaptation of the Keyhole design that comes from Tonya (the Charity Coordinator with Sunshine Quilt Guild).  Mine uses solids versus prints squares and black/white prints interspersed with solid blacks for the framing.  I picked up the flannel Western theme from the freebie table at Sunshine monthly meeting a while back.  It was used for the border and will also be the back.  I'll be making another one of these.  Not sure what the second one will be framed with but the Western theme flannel and the solid squares will continue.
I also made the kit Tonya assembled called Wild Blue Yonder.  It turned out real nice too.  I made a template for the body part so it can be made again.  There were no measurements for the body pieces included since everything was cut.  Made for a fast make.  I know how nice Kerry quilts and even though I want these done for the handoff to Becky's House in November there is so much temptation to send them to her; even if she can't get them done and back to me for binding.  I still need to decide on a back for Wild Blue Yonder.
Certainly the third Broken Courthouse Steps ready with backing will be in the mail to Kerry this week.  I have really been able to clear out a bunch of stash strips with this design.  I think there will be more to make in the future.

So it has been a good week using up stash with a roll in my stats!  

Used this week: 11.5 yards 
Used YTD: 165.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 53 yards 
Net used in 2022: 112.25 yards

1 comment:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

Wow, you had your own retreat, thanks to Tim for all the time you had in your sewing room . Cute Airplane quilt. No trick or treaters around here. The sick dummies will be outthere, be careful.