Design Wall Monday, October 17, 2022

 

It is really starting to feel like Fall until according to the weather channels Tuesday comes.  Wow!  The thermostats should be turning in the opposite direction =^.^=  The leaves won't know what to do...

I haven't spent much time in my sewing room since having guests this past weekend.  Don and Rita left this morning.  I am working remotely today, but Tim is being the proper host while I work.



This is part of what I was working on over the weekend.  Using 2" strips to make another Keyhole project for YMCA Becky's House Charity.  The all too cute western theme flannel will be used for both the border and back.  I will be using all the black and white check strips that were scraps along with digging a bit into my yardage.  The solid squares as you might guess are PLENTIFUL.  I did skinny the units down from the 2 1/2" size in the pattern since most of the black and white fabric was at 2".  I may have to make more than the 25 blocks to come up with a good size top that won't be dominated by a chunky border.  More on this project when I can get back into my sewing room.

I must get out of the "charity projects" and back to "my projects".  Seems like each project I levitate to recently is going to be donated.  Well in the end I suppose that is a good thing.  Enjoy your week and if the weather is right, stay cool in San Diego!

No comments: