2022 Year At A Glance, January 1, 2023

Projects in 2022 were 29 with three in the quilting queue.  185 yards of cotton moved under my needle.  Yes still the crazy names that start with "K".  How is Katcher and Krafter for two Halloween themed quilts?

Katcher

Krafter

I do like goal setting, but honestly I am doing terrible in keeping up.  2021 UFOs and now 2022 UFOs did not finish.  I do not like to move these to the next year to be considered a new UFO, but really I can not keep adding to the feeling that I will never get all of these done.  It can happen I suppose...maybe I will catch up when I retire in a few years.  Regardless, 2023 UFO Goals are at a tab at the top of my blog home page.

Karryon, 2021 UFO

Koastline, 2022 UFO

Polar Bear Ornament, 2021 UFO

I did not attend Road to California Quilters' Conference and Showcase in Ontario, CA this year.  I was disappointed on the workshop offerings although I know the show quilts were awesome.  I do miss this show and hope to get back to attending.  It is just a short distance away.  Perhaps there is a special project that will be submitted for a chance to show at one of the conferences in the future...anything is possible.

Even though I did not make my UFO goals, a different goal was met.  Bound and determined to use my scrap strips in various sizes happened.  A bunch of donation quilts were made some going to charities not supported by me before.  It felt good to make someone, somewhere, happy with a warm quilt.  I also helped Mom lessen her scraps with numerous projects cut up and made into kits for her to sew and donate to charities around her area.

Broken Courthouse Steps #1, Donation

Wonky Wishes, Donation

Mom's Kit Drawer in September

In March I was invited to attend the first Yuma, AZ retreat.  I put most of my sewing time into making Katching Kluckers.  I needed a Thanksgiving themed quilt; this one perfect.  You will need to see the label sometime.  

Katching Kluckers

In June I was invited to attend one of the best birthday parties ever.  A quilting sister celebrated by throwing a party that was entirely quilting related!  She cut up her stash and had us sewing quilts of our own choice to take with us (or do as we wished).  I may have to borrow her idea for one of my own celebrations.

Hopscotch, Butterscotch #1 from Birthday Party, Donation

The BOM I won in October 2021 finished early in the year that I have called KacklingKarre, also a BOM win in March finished in May.  Apparently I win more than I thought because I also won the BOM in December which will be part of my 2023 UFOs to finish.

Kackling, 2022 UFO

Karre

I made more projects that were not on my 2022 UFO List, which is in part why many remain unfinished.  Other than the projects I have already shared above here are the other finishes that took place.  You can see them through the links if you choose or ask if you want to see one that I have not shared a place for you to see it =^.^=

Lonestar Given to Finish/Gift
Kyushu, Winter Mystery

Kosmic Krisp
Krush

Roll Over Beethoven, Challenge/Gift

Hearts of Hope, Donation

Milk Cow, Commission


Krush 2
Kaleidoscope Klippings
Hopscotch, Butterscotch #2, Donation
Hopscotch, Butterscotch #3, Donation
Broken Courthouse Steps #2, Donation
Broken Courthouse Steps #3, Donation
Keyhole #1, Donation
Keyhole #2, Donation
Keyhole #3, Donation
Keyhole #4, Donation

Kandy
Wild Blue Yonder, Donation
Sailboat, Donation
Scattered Leaves #1
Scattered Leaves #2, Donation
Boca Blocks, Donation

Used YTD: 184.5 yards (2021, 209.25 yards)
Purchased YTD: 62.75 yards (2021, 183.25 yards)
Net used in 2022: 121.75 yards (2020, 25.5 yards)

This first day of 2023 has me at Part 6 of Bonnie Hunter's Winter Mystery, Chilhowie, with the suggestion that there is only one more part to go.  I hope to use this project as a commissioned wedding gift.  As you have heard before I can not resist a Bonnie Hunter Mystery!

As always I look forward to your help in naming my projects with the must "K"!  I close this year hoping there are more great finishes in 2023.  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

Quite a successful year with all your beautiful quilts. Your work is awesome