Design Wall Monday, January 2, 2023



These are the three Chilhowie blocks I have made to test out the selection of fabrics for the Quiltville Winter Mystery to be the commissioned wedding quilt.  The emerald green for the commission quilt should be the star of the project.  Not sure so far if this is happening.  First it seemed to be more orange and then more purple.  Emerald sure doesn't seem to stand out right now.  I will keep going and see what becomes of this project.
I picked up more emerald for Chilhowie and the binding for O Say...Can You Sew! last week.

This is the first block of Stars of the Forest.  I am not real excited about the black in the eyes and the inside of the ears.  I have been thinking how to fix this.  These are 15" blocks that you might think would be easy to paper piece, but the larger pieces make it a bit more difficult to hold onto.

Block 2 is the Fox.  I am happy with these fabric choices.

Block 3 is the Deer.  Again I am happy with the fabric choices.

Block 4 is the Rabbit.  Fabrics again working out just right.

Block 5 is the Owl.  Yes even the black nose shows up enough on the gray.
Block 6 is the Raccoon.  I think these fabrics will work out.  I may change the eyes from the same fabric as the raccoon's body.  I have not started on this block yet.

So you can see I am very busy.  The Stars of the Forest project needs to be done soon =^.^=.  I am still deciding on the layout.  First I thought it to be some trees, but the scale would be off.  My current thought is to make wooden blocks with letters that have a specific meaning.  I think this will be my first design to try once the piecing of the animal blocks are complete.  

Now what have you got on your Design Wall?









3 comments:

Kerry's Quilting said...

The animals are turning out so cute. Looking forward to seeing what you will do to put it all together!

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

Everything is right on.... looking great

Janet O. said...

Your Quiltville mystery blocks are beautiful. Don't know if it showcases the green the way you want to, but I love the results.
Your Stars of the Forest are adorable. They look challenging, but I love them!