Sunday Stash Report, October 8, 2023

Starting off with a completely finished Kaper.  This project just didn't look so cute until the buttons were in place.  In hindsight perhaps a different binding might have been a better choice...what do you think?

Karess also finished.  This will be a nice addition to the small collection of Valentine projects I have in my collection.  This is a 2023 UFO.  If you look close there are "woodies" in one of the fabrics.  Some of you may know that I am slow to get this popular theme in my home during the holidays.  Speaking of holidays...yesterday had me at Hobby Lobby to purchase a new artificial Christmas Tree.  With some help deciding between two different, but similar trees, I came home with a great one at a half off price.  Christine and I also split a box of three "woodies" ornaments in two colors, white and red, at that same half off price.  Neither of us wanted six "woodies" and the color split was perfect.  Maybe between now and then I will find the "woodies" tree skirt pattern have it for this year with the new tree.
For Stash this week are three one yard piece adds.  The white on white has "cats" imprinted and the black will be for yet another Halloween themed project from the pattern in the 2023 Spooky Box that I received during the week.  The red fabric will work although it is not what I had hoped for to be the binding on Kortland from the 2023 Liberty Box.  I had wanted a small red with white pin stripe, but it just could not be found at Rosie's.  The quantity was just too small to consider an online purchase at Fat Quarter Shop...heck the cost of shipping would have been more than the cost of the fabric!

This was my birthday week and two fun gifts came from Kerry.  The first is quilty fun with a matching tray and scissor holder made so professionally by Kerry that I had to ask her whether she made it or not =^.^=  It also included binding spools that she received and liked so much that I had to have to try too.  The tin holds coordinating clips.  The second are soup and dip spices from an Arizona shop that uses the famously known for chipotle chile pepper.  Kerry has sent me products from this shop before and happy that she gifted me more.  Thanks Kerry!  I also received gifts from Mom and Dad, DH, and my teammates at work.  DH took me out for a special dinner at King's Fish House where I enjoyed two soft shell blue crabs.  Cards and well wishes came in from family and friends both near and far.  Thanks for making my birthday special.

So I will close for now with the new Stash Report stats for this first full week of October.  I want to get the binding all prepared for Kortland so there is something to keep my hands busy during the football games today.

Used this week: 10.25 yards 
Used YTD: 140.5 yards 
Purchased this week: 3 yards 
Purchased YTD: 83 yards
Net used in 2023: 57.5 yards



No comments: