Design Wall Monday, October 30, 2023

Not on my Design Wall yet, but this will be the next up.  My project will be called Katerskill.  It is from a pattern put out by American Patchwork and Quilting in their August 2021 issue called Blue and White Delight.  It is a re-create of a vintage indigo quilt.  I am using Blue Annabella collection by Renee Nanneman (Andover Fabrics) for the blue and a solid white.  The recipe calls for 280 HSTs so I made the decision to use triangles on a roll paper to make quick work of the piecing.  With two strips of both fabrics nearly half of he HSTs will be made.
Two of the strip sets have already been sewn, cut apart, dog ears trimmed away, and papers pulled away.  The other two strips have been sewn at this stage and ready for the next step.
This is a photo of the soon to finish project.  A simple two color quilt that will finish at 68" x 80".  Hopefully this year I will finish another 2022 UFO.

Have a fun Halloween tomorrow.  =^.^=






1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Oh, that is a lot of HSTs! When I have a lot of them to make, I often have to pace myself and tell myself I just need to make 20 and then I can do something else. If I just try to get them all done, I get a little crazy and don't want to sew. :)
You seem to be much more dedicated to the process than I tend to be. Kudos!