Sunday Stash Report, October 1, 2023

 


The last two blocks of Kauldron are finished.  Next comes cutting out all the background pieces and transferring the project to my Design Wall.  We have company coming over for chili dinner and the late football game so not certain I will have time to move this any further.

I did do some stash damage with Hobby Lobby's 40% discounted week.  This was probably the best find.  It is a white on white star at 108".  I got all of what they had left on the bolt or 3.25 yards at $4 a yard.  This will take me a long way on projects down the road.  This was the only fabric that does not have a reason to be purchased except that it was a TERRIFIC buy.

You know about Popstar needing a back.  This one is perfect.  I will be sewing the back to fit the project and off it will go to Maryland.

Next is the sashing and back for the finished cross-stitch project.  I selected a complimentary color, but really it could been any number of colors as there is everything in the project.  I liked the light teal.  The back may also become a second sashing...the decision has yet to be made; there is enough fabric should I decide to go this route.

How perfect could this fabric be as the sashing for the next story book panel project.  A you can see it will be all about angels.  The blue with the white dot couldn't be any better.  I may put a tiny inner border around the blocks in yellow...again a decision pending once on the Design Wall.

Lastly, three fabrics that will make good "books" for the project I have been gathering cute fabrics for.  There is enough of the two top fabrics for the sleeve of a pillow case and the bottom will have two big end parts of the pillow case.  Time to search my stash for fabrics that will match them.  Get them assembled into kits and mail to Maryland.

So 16 1/2 yards added and soon to be counted as used with most of it going to Maryland.  Back to the second half of the Chargers game for me with DH.  I have a very cute Halloween project to hand stitch...must keep the fingers busy.  Enjoy the first day of October!

Used this week: 0 yards 
Used YTD: 130.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 16.5 yards 
Purchased YTD: 80 yards
Net used in 2023: 50.25 yards

1 comment:

Kerry's Quilting said...

Love the witch hat and can't wait to see this quilt on your design wall!