Sunday Stash Report, February 13, 2022

Kyushu is looking great.  I have the top done out to the itty bitty aqua border.  The pieced border is yet to be sewn together.  Since I was going for a smaller size there was a lot of guessing on how many flying geese units would be needed.  I had to make six more to get around, but certain I will need more once they are sewn together.  I will wait on the middles of the borders to see if I need the larger or smaller unit that goes there.  In the photo above the larger unit is there on both sides; top and bottom are just holes for now.  Kyushu is a 2022 UFO.  The pieced border will start getting sewn together perhaps today after the Super Bowl.

I did work on putting Karryon together too.  I got the center assembled.  Knowing I didn't have enough background to continue the outer border I tried something else.

This would do I suppose; with perhaps a red flange to separate top from border.  I just wasn't feeling it, so I decided to try my luck to find more of the Timeless Treasures fabric.  Success!  Found it!  The fabric should arrive during the week.  I'll add the top and bottom and call it finished.  Karryon is a 2021 UFO.  What you see in the first photo will get the top and bottom borders.  No gray border for this project.

I have been looking at this design for awhile.  Each time I would run across it my thoughts would say...get it, you know you want it.  Well it to is on its way this week.  

I picked up several of the applique backgrounds and two of them arrived from Alaska Quilting Adventures this week...pretty quick I thought.  These are 1/2 yard cuts.  There are three others coming this week, more from eBay or ETSY shops.


Mom surprised us with these goodies.  Missing from the photo are some great tasting cookies made with oatmeal and butterscotch chips.  A recipe that my sister came across and couldn't get enough of.  We will be having some of these today as we Super Bowl graze.  The goodies in the photo are patterns, fabrics, socks, and masks.  Mom made the pretty masks =^.^=

Koastline is getting attention too.  The second border is nearly done.  A few pieces might get added while we watch the game.  Hope that you have something fun happening in your sewing room!  We are hoping for a Los Angeles Rams win =^.^=

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 0 yards 
Purchased this week: 1 yards 
Purchased YTD: 7.75 yards 
Net used in 2022: -7.75 yards

No comments: