Design Wall Monday, February 28, 2022

 

I devoted this weekend of sewing to Koastline (aka Michigan, Laundry Basket Quilts).  I am eager to finish the border I'm working on tonight.  It is the top one with just a few Avery Labels to remove (on the top right).  I will go back and add the centers of the flower as well.  The last row will be set up during the week.  There is one more applique units to sew down across the entire applique border.  They are small berries the size of the flower centers.  Scattered about next to the vine.  At my current pace, maybe three weeks of work to go...anxious!

I may start Be Mine and Sweet Apple projects.  I've been setting aside reds, pinks, greens, browns, and the neutral that will be used.  Hoping my sister can find another yard of the fabric I hope to use for Be Mine.  She's on the hunt =^.^=

I hope February was wonderful and have a great March!


2 comments:

Nancy J said...

Wish I was closer, I have some red batiks crying out to be used. February was a blur, and now into March, appointments are being cancelled, I am getting very adept at explaining why we will NOT be coming into your premises, I didn't go into details, but when you visit the hearing aid people and you do not even have to show your vaccine pass, it leaves a lot of questions. On second thoughts, let me know which red you are looking for, a photo will be fine and I'll see if I have any down here. Snail mail takes ages, but better that than no fabric.XXX

Janet O. said...

Coastline is really beautiful! Blue/white quilts call to me more than red/white.
You have a couple of fun projects in the queue. As Nancy said, send me a photo of the red you want, and I'll see what I can find. Is it something currently in stores, or older? I want to know whether to check my stash or shops. :)