Sunday Stash Report, July 4, 202

 

Happy 4th of July!

I have two finishes to report this week.  My fireworks for this Independence Day Celebration, because I have not had anything to report as used for a while.  All the movement of my fabrics have been in the purchased.
Finally, my Laundry Basket Quilt 2021 Mystery Quilt now named Michigan is complete all except the applique.  I have some of the pieces prep'd but much more to go and sew in place.  This will take quite sometime as I will be doing needle turn with the Avery Label paper.  I purchased a yard of Blue Sky - Bubbles - Full Moon Blue Sky fabric for the vines and my left over blue fabrics will be the leaves and flowers.  I will share again when there is significant progress.
Mistletoe is a finish too less the applique.  Loads of pieces are prep'd and like Michigan I will share progress when there is significant progress.  The center will be the first to work on.  It looks as if there is a neutral border around the center, but goes away once the green background and Ohio Star units are sewn together.  It gets a neutral outer border using the same fabric that is the background for the center feathered star where more applique will be applied.

Here are the fabrics that arrived this week from Stitchin' Heaven.  The blue will be used for the vines of Michigan that I spoke about earlier.  The next two are the backs for Mistletoe and Michigan.  Stitchin' Heaven had a very nice sale on Laundry Basket Quilt fabrics early in the week and I needed the backs eventually =^.^=

If you have any ideas on naming either of these two projects, I am all ears!

Starting the second half of 2021 here are my stash stats.

Used this week:  33.75 yards
Used YTD: 136 yards 
Purchased this week: 11 yards 
Purchased YTD: 170 yards 
Net used in 2021:  -34 yards

Have a wonderful week =^.^=

No comments: