Sunday Stash Report, July 11, 2021

 

This is how my week started with Mistletoe.  I stitched and stitched on the applique of the centerpiece to this project.  Everyone has been wondering what was to go in the center green square.  DH suggested a yellow smiley face...just like him to mention something so silly.

My much waited for threads arrived from Laundry Basket Quilts.  I Christmas Collection as you can see from the cover is the project Mistletoe that I have been working on.  I needed the reds for the red berries as my red threads were not the right shades.  For those of you who don't already know the blue threads will be for Michigan when the time comes.

More done of the applique.  Can you notice that only berries remain to be stitched in place?  I have really enjoyed working with this new applique technique using Avery Label paper.  Happy how the label paper adheres through the entire process of stitching.  This method is a keeper for anyone who likes needle turn.
My finished center now ready for the rest of the top assembly.  Then as much applique as you see in the center, eight different leaf sprigs will be on each side of the outer border.  It took me a week to start preparing to finish these eight.  If I keep the same tempo...four weeks more of this project.  For those who continued to read you get to see where I am today.
Nothing changes stash this week.  Come back tomorrow and see how far I get today on my Mistletoe.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 136 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 170 yards 
Net used in 2021:  -34 yards

Congratulations to Kerry for becoming a new grandma for the fifth of her grandkids.  Kerry and her DH celebrate an anniversary today.  Check out her Sunday Stash Report because she will likely have more to say about these events and her sewing throughout the week too.

Have a wonderful week =^.^=


1 comment:

Betty said...

Really looking good, the applique is outstanding. I hope your tread order comes in so you can catch up on your UFOs. I hope your friends try your new procedure, maybe they would follow in your footsteps.