Design Wall Monday, June 28, 2021

 

I mentioned that I was again out of fabric to complete Michigan.  Mistletoe has been waiting for me so I'm back at it.  Above is the center unit.  It will get filled in with applique.
These were the pieces coming together.

I needed 20 of the Ohio Stars to make up the 100 required for the project.  These will make up that difference.

The evening had me pulling the paper and marking the center line across four of each set (there are eight in each set).  This will end up giving me two of each variety of Ohio Star.

Next came the start of the applique that I will be using.  I really hope the Avery label paper will be as good during the hand sewing as it is for the prep.  A few circles in red and I can get started on the center applique.

Today through Wednesday Stitchin' Heaven has all of their Laundry Basket Quilts fabrics on sale for $2.00 off per yard.  What better time to take advantage of backs for Michigan and Mistletoe?

Hope your week is all you want it to be =^.^=


3 comments:

Betty said...

Keep us posted on the new appliqué method. Hope you like it. The block is very interesting.

Janet O. said...

A beautiful feathered star! So when you say "filled in with applique" do you mean the center of the star, or the spaces between the points, or all of it? I can't wait to see it completed.

kwiltnkats said...

Janet - all the outside light background get applique.