Sunday Stash Report, April 11, 2021

Koney 2 is finished.  Just at 27" x 29" it will be perfect for the desk nook in the kitchen.  Not sure what I'll use for a binding right now.  His fuzzy little tail is just 3 1/2" round.  This tail won't get quite the attention as Greyson has been spending with his Easter quilt.

Greyson's quilt didn't get there until a day after Easter, but I suppose he doesn't really know yet what day Easter came this year.

I also finished the second Tractor quilt.  This one is made to replace the first quilt that sadly was lost in a house fire.  The little guy who is six now missed his special quilt so much that he shed many tears about it being gone.  Several wonderful folks have come together to gift him this Tractor quilt.  Thanks to the loving hearts of Mom, Dru (Primitive Gatherings), and Kerry for helping me to make this gift of love.  Kerry will have it next for quilting.  Binding next for me and soon there won't be any more tears.

When Kerry was here we discussed that I might not have enough florals to make the April Sunshine Quilt Guild BOM.  Florals just aren't that abundant in my stash.  Kerry mentioned she would send me some.  Well she sent me enough to make two and then some.  Turns out in my scraps I was able to scrape up enough for another and before long I had made four.  If I win these blocks, chances are good with four entries, a scallop border is planned.  I might add a bit of lace to the border too.  

The mail brought me many fine things this week.  Fat Quarters Shop, BellaRoseQuilts, and Stitchin Heaven had these items until they were delivered to my door!

14" Lori Holt Design Board
Pumpkin Trio Quilt Pattern
Secret Stash Neutrals top two and backing for Tractor 2
April installment of Vintage Christmas
Hocus Pocus Pattern and Kit

Used this week:  13.5 yards 
Used YTD: 80 yards 
Purchased this week: 13 yards 
Purchased YTD: 106 yards 
Net used in 2021:  -26 yards

1 comment:

Betty said...

I was sure you would finish the John Deere quilt, turned out super. I knew it would. Love, love the bunny quilt. Yes, it will fit the kitchen knook perfectly. Lots of goodies in the mail, sure will keep you busy. Good luck on the floral blocks