Sunday Stash Report, December 17, 2023

Katerskill is complete.  I have a backing still to find.  White will be the binding, but I'm not planning to cut it and prepare until a back is located.  I want to get something bright white and blue with a vintage look.  I did see a toile in Etsy that I liked.  I have contacted FrenchConnectionsNC to see what they might have with a bright white background and either light or blue pattern.  Anxious to hear from them as they have a very nice toile collection.  This is a 2022 UFO and a Sunshine Guild Challenge that I would very much love to have off to quilting by the end of the year or close to the beginning of next year.

Not sure if you remember me making the Turkey Tracks block that was October's BOM coordinated by Pam.  These were definitely blocks I hoped to win ** and guess what? **  I DID =^.^=  So happy to bring them into my sewing room.  A couple need to be completed and a few will not work out with the others, but once I have one that is still coming I am ready to put this beauty together into a top.  I have the perfect back from one of Sunshine sponsors who sold goods at the meeting, Fantabulous Backs.  So good was the buy that I got two 3 yard 108" pieces.

The Sunshine Guild Meeting was our holiday pot luck and games night.  Five of us played a fun game passing a sewing themed gift around and left and right.  We ended up with each others surprise gifts.  I liked mine that was made by Pam.  I'd be happy to share the game story if you have interest as this photo will be most difficult to read and besides it is two pages in length.  A very cute little purse for sewing supplies.

Next I set up and completed the top Sunbonnet Babies.  This one is a Sunshine Guild Challenge as well as a 2024 UFO.  This turned out so cute.  The light teal sets each block off along with the perfect dot for the sashing and borders.  I have the same light teal prepared for the binding.  Loved the cross stitch work.  Thanks to my Mom who provided the stamped kit (a UFO for her) and Kerry for much of the embroidery floss.  The back will be the same dot as the top.  It is ready to make its way to Kerry for what ever she can dream up for the quilting.

Used this week: 17.75 yards 
Used YTD: 166.0yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yard
Purchased YTD: 86.5 yards
Net used in 2023: 79.5 yards

I am happy with this week's use of stash!  Enjoy your week =^.^=



1 comment:

Betty said...

Sunbonnet Sue is darling. I am sure Sue is glad to get out of that plastic bag from my drawer. Love your choice for the sashing and back. Very nice, and cute