Design Wall Monday, February 27, 2023

 




These are the last five blocks that have been finished.  I'm running out of fabrics!  Looks like there will be an addition to the stash on next week's calculation.  Do you have a favorite among these five?  Mine has to be the last one.  I like the lighter hint of purple and the brighter setting.  I'm trying to spread the amount of blocks that are with lighter purple and lighter settings in among the darker fabrics.  This will be leading me to make appropriate selections of new fabrics that will be a must before I can continue.  
I did the math with the end result being that today I'm not even halfway done making these blocks.  Halfway would be 21 blocks.  The blocks are 15" finished with sashing 3" finished.  Then there is a small 1.5" inner border and finally a 3" outer border.  All of the sashing and both borders are pieced.  This will be a BIG quilt!  Six blocks across by seven blocks down and all the sashing and borders.  Oh my gosh.  I'm sure this will end up the largest quilt I've made to date.

March is coming...let's hope the weather is a little less wet and cold!

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I agree with you--they are all striking blocks, but I really like the way that lighter purple glows amid the darker colors. Like when someone has strikingly light clear blue eyes, amid a bunch of us with darker eye colors that are harder to discern unless you get up close. LOL
Wow--that will be HUGE!