Design Wall Monday, February 20, 2023

 



13 blocks for Emerald Chilhowie grace my Design Wall right now.  I have four more cut and ready to stitch.

This photo is less the HST units, but you can see that there is a lot of pieces to each block.  To the front side of the table are the four blocks each row left to right is the making for the four 4-patch and the four 9-patch units needed for one block.  On the back side of the table are the rest of the units for the four blocks each row top to bottom.  I like to assembly line stitch in batches.  Four blocks worth in this case fills up the surface space on my sewing table.

This past Saturday was the day the new mom received her Stars of the Forest quilt.  She was quite happy with the quilt.  This is a photo of the happy parents to be on either side of the grandma who gifted the quilt.  Below their smiling faces is a full on photo of the quilt.  It was real fun to make it bringing in the paper piecing technique I enjoy.  Which animal is your favorite?  The mom to be says hers is the fox!  Good luck parents to be =^.^=



1 comment:

Janet O. said...

This mystery quilt looks perfect for something on your design wall for St. Patricks Day. But then, you work so fast, you may have it off the wall by then. :)
The baby quilt is adorable. The fox is very cute, and I really like the raccoon, too. That strikes me as funny because both of those animals can be pesky on a farm. The raccoons were always into the corn, and the fox is a predator to the chickens. Yet here I sit on our farm thinking those animals are cute. Go figure. LOL