Design Wall Monday, August 16, 2021

 

Time now for working on Kofi a 2021 UFO.  First I had to get familiar with how this project was done.  I had a few blocks made, but when it came to putting together the next block...OH MY!


The melon block is what I was working on in the first photo.  This pattern is called Split - Blade by Anelie Belden.  It takes a clever approach to making Dresden shapes.  The pattern has you using 2 1/2" strips or a jelly roll.  I used 2 1/2" Island Strips Paisley Dot Earth Tones in Batik for my print and a coordinating Batik mostly from my stash for the Dresden blades.  Black backgrounds are so striking and I had lots of black to get me through the 6 1/2" backgrounds.  Anelie has her own templates called fast 2 cut Templates.  This one of course uses the Dresden Plate template.

I have lots more to go.  I will be making two blocks of each fabric set.  The remaining blades will be used in the border and if you choose you don't have to bind it!

Head back on Sunday to see my progress.  Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Very interesting. It sure will be a beauty