Sunday Stash Report, May 30, 2021

 

I have a finish!  Koyo completed this afternoon.  It was a very good scrap project.  Finished at 56 1/2" square.  This is one of my UFOs and it's done in May, which is a very good thing.  I have been able to get a 2021 UFO done each month this year.  Very proud of myself.



The last parts of the quilt were the sashing which took 24 sets of grays and creams.  There are three creams duplicated but none the same of the grays.

These sets made the sashing units that put the four 20" blocks together.  Yes, you would have likely thought the blocks went together in rows, but you would be wrong.  Bits at the ends of the units were used to make nine 4-patches.  Very pleased with how the outside HST came together exactly to fit the project.  I did use a red inner border instead of the burgundy suggestion.  My stash just wouldn't support the yardage needed to get me around the sashing.  Honestly since I went a bit brighter than Bonnie Hunter suggested in her Appalachian Autumn design it was right, don't you agree?  Light gray will be for the border and I will follow Bonnie's lead and make it a scrappy one.

My fabric has not arrived to continue the Laundry Basket Quilt Mystery Quilt 2021 project so I plan to dig out another UFO and get started.  Who knows what that will be.  Come check back tomorrow for what I will work on in June.

Used this week:  8.75 yards
Used YTD: 102.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 0 yards 
Purchased YTD: 143.5 yards 
Net used in 2021:  -41.25 yards

A BIG Happy Birthday to my niece, Tiffany.  It has been a rough year for her, but she has achieved and remains a strong woman, wife, and mother.  I hope the next year ahead will be a bit easier.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Your quilt turned out so beautiful!! I bought the pattern and started it as soon as Bonnie put it on her site. I think (?) I have all the leaves done and some of the quilt is put together but it got laid aside for something else. My intention is to get it done soon but I'm busy working on QOVs at the moment.