Design Wall Monday, May 10, 2021


I have been busy this week with Appalachian Autumn.  After receiving four suggestion last Wednesday will be named Koyo.  I'm told by Mary that literally Koyo means "red leaves"; it is used to refer to all the colors of "autumn leaves".  Don't you find it appropriately named?  Thank you Mary!  These are all the blocks needed for Koyo, BUT there is still a lot of sewing to do.  There is sashing that goes between four blocks with the pieces below making a zig zag looking outer border. 
These are the pieces that need to be trimmed up if necessary.  The eight used in each block didn't need that much trimming after using Bonnie Hunter's method with the Essential Triangle Tool along with 2 1/2" strips.  Each will need the one "dog ear" whacked!  There will be attention paid to this project all week.  Maybe even a UFO finish this week...I sure need a finish.

Today starts the Laundry Basket Quilts 2021 Mystery project.  The first day has us using four of our color and four neutrals.  I can't wait to get started!  My Union Blues fabrics are going to be so calming to work with.  I have loved this line from the start.  There is a patriotic design that uses them and I sure hope to have enough scraps to make that one too.

I also want to get the binding on Kandy Katz...too many things and not the hours in a day to get them all done.

I had the pleasure last Wednesday to provide a virtual trunk show to the Quilters by the Bay Quilt Guild in Southern Maryland.  It was great reviewing my work from the start of my quilting journey.  Ever go back and see what you were up to years ago?  I also inspired some record keeping or journalizing ideas.  My presentation was well received and it was sad to end my visit with these ladies.

I hope you find something fun to sew during the week.  Sunshine Quilt Guild monthly meeting for me tomorrow.  How many things can I accomplish this week?  Find yourself back here on Sunday and you will find out=^.^=

2 comments:

bettysewnsew1@gmail.com said...

So lovely. Love the fall colors. You sure did whip that one up fast.

Janet O. said...

I do love those autumn leaves! And now that I know what it means, Koyo is the perfect name. :)
You definitely have a full plate!!