Sunday Stash Report, November 25, 2018

Well I have been quite busy with Kyanite (Bonnie Hunter's Straits of Mackinac).  I plan to get the blocks finished and wait until I have the new book String Frenzy in hand to calculate the borders.  I have about nine more blocks to have the units for my project.  Only the top right block has been sewn together.  You can see the "storm" design coming can't you?
Can you believe that I am using all of these tools throughout the process?  True we always use the two outside rulers with every project, but the inside four don't come out too often.  When they do...boy is the job of cutting and trimming made easier.
My cut strips stash is getting smaller as I work which is a good thing =^.^=  I may have to break into the yardage that is sitting in the project basket soon!
So I am certain you have seen the flutter of quilters busily working on their #Good Fortune.  I have pulled my 1 1/2" red scraps and started a bit on the 1 1/2" neutral scraps.  Kerry and I plan to share stash for the project.  I am not in the best way on the reds.  I will work with what I have then the rest will either come from Kerry or a local quilt shop.  I will be making 4-patches in Part 1 of the project.  I hope to be further along than where I am today when Part 2 is released on Friday.
This is a Churndash block for the December BOM at Sunshine Quilt Guild.  The white was supplied. Participants provide the bright.  Don't you love the white on white background fabric.  (You may say "I have seen this before"; you would be right!  There was enough for one 3" square to put in Kyanite.)
Last to show this week is Kanton Kull.  Pam Buda is the designer of this beauty.  The monthly kits were offered at Country Loft.  Kerry and I got into purchasing the kits each month at about month four.  I have yet to make the bonus quilt with the leftover fabric scraps, but it will be done!  These red scraps have a home until the bonus quilt project is done.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  138.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  38.5 yards
Net used in 2018:  100.25 yards

Nothing to change my stats this week!  =^.^=

1 comment:

Betty said...

Like the BOM the white really compliments the purple. Knightly is looking great, that one will soon be done. I rember seeing Kanyon Kull, very nice