Sunday Stash Report, November 19, 2023

 

Month 8 of the Lucky Stars was taken to stitch at the meeting since no one wanted to volunteer to take it on.  It was the last of 12 months that needed someone to assemble.  I like foundation piecing and what's not to like about making a star.  The project is the next Sunshine Opportunity Quilt for the membership year 2024 - 2025. 

I got Kasper (Boo! project) finished.  Since the 2 1/2" squares were all randomly stitched together a few needed to be changed out for another.  With all the variety one would not think two same fabric units would end up right next to one another.  I had at least three that needed to be changed out.  I am happy with the result =^.^=  The black print used in the ghosts eyes will be used for the binding.  Before next Halloween I will have three new projects to display.  I have another three Halloween projects that are waiting for me.  Oh how I love sewing for Halloween.

I thought for certain this all too cute acorn fabric would be a perfect addition as a background for the Kork, my Acorn Soup project, that is waiting its turn under the needle.  As it turns out all the fabrics are in brown, rust, tan, orange, and cream colors; green acorns just won't work.  I only purchased a yard, but it just may work for the back since the completed project is just 33" by 39".  (Good idea Mom!)

Used this week: 4.25 yards 
Used YTD: 148.25 yards 
Purchased this week: 1 yard
Purchased YTD: 85.5 yards
Net used in 2023: 62.75 yards

Don't spend all your time in the kitchen this week!

No comments: