Sunday Stash Report, November 17, 2019

Fall Whiskers is off to be quilted.  I still have his eyes to sew in place, but that will be quick.  Thinking on a name for this 12" x 12" project.  It is getting easier to work with wool and embroidery stitches on it.  This one is a 2019 UFO that can come off the list!

These two projects are ready completely for the Sunshine Craft table that will be 12/7 and 12/8.  There are three more yet to finish.  Arrangements will be made to get them in the hands of Jennifer.
Earlier in the week these arrived.  Sorry for the glow on the box from the flash :(  The Satin finished sheets are the finest in my opinion.  They are pricey, but for me it is worth the extra.

Mom sent me some her stash.  Apparently she's returning the greens which were from my stash originally.  Can't put a project where they were used, but Mom's memory is many times far better than mine.  The cute purse is also from her stash and her hands :)  The quality of her purses is awesome.

Kerry and I visited to three local sewing centers.  My goal was to get to Cozy and Central Sewing to redeem gift cards that were won as long ago as 2018!  I don't get out to this part of San Diego much.  At Cozy I spent more than the gift card.  The opportunity to get 30 percent off all the fabrics to make a quilt that is on my bucket list was irresistible.  I also picked up a couple of raspberry fabrics as well.  Central Sewing had tools that I could use.  I've been wanting a Teflon ironing mat for awhile now.  Just don't think to pick it up when I could do it easily.
The last stop was Memory Lane.  I'm so sorry to hear about Chris closing her doors after 14 years.  We both picked up some fabric, me the green and more raspberry fabrics.  The green and raspberry are for Frolic, Bonnie Hunter's 2019 Mystery that starts on Black Friday.  The black wordy fabric is just a stash enhancement...like I need it :)  I also called Chris back with an order.  She is still accommodating special orders at the 25 percent off price so the templates for Autumn Love were purchased.  I also got the 18 1/2 inch square and some Pelon for future projects my Mom creates.

On Tuesday Project 4 was called at the Sunshine meeting for the 2019-2020 UFO Challenge.  I am on track in finishing them and won't be derailed!  I also participated in the December BOM and have that sewn up already.  The white was provided.  Participants are to add a green and red holiday print to this fun block.  I am very pleased that the coordinators are offering smaller block sizes.  I am not excited when they finish over 9 inches.  It makes for such a large project because you want to use the entire win in one project.

So I have a little to claim as used, but more to claim as new.

Used this week:   .75 yards
Used YTD:  133.5 yards
Purchased this week:  10.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  62 yards
Net used in 2019:  71.5 yards

No comments: