Design Wall Monday, November 18, 2019

Bountiful applique!  I have the freezer paper papers traced and ready to apply to fabrics.  Starting with the lower right corner fabric.  The two stems start the applique, so they will be first.
On the left is the applique placement and on the right what it should look like when done.
Here are all the pieces temporarily fused down with the freezer paper.  I use both by the roll and by the sheet for the freezer paper.  The sheets are a bit easier to manage, but both work equally as well.  Trimming these units down to a width about 1/8" from the template then liquid starch and a good press between the Teflon sheet will make the edges crisp.
The background fabric is laid over the applique template on a light box and finally the prepared units find their place.
Here is the first applique to stitch.  My thread color is not what I would want, but I will hide the stitches such that it will not show.  Hopefully I will have a lot more to share with the next blog post on Sunday.

Have a wonderful week.   =^.^=

2 comments:

Betty said...

Wow, that is a lot of pieces, that should slow you down a bit, lol

Janet O. said...

Oh, I admire you. I think all of the fussy prep work is one of the reasons I don't applique, but the results are so stunning. This will be beautiful!