Design Wall Monday, August 14, 2017

This is the beginnings of Kutarug.  Kutarug is my August 2017 UFO.  There is a lot to do for this project; not sure August will be the month it will finish.  The design is called Winning Combination by Tammy Vonderschmitt.  It drew my attention from the cover of American Patchwork and Quilting April 2016 issue.
Requirements for the ~ 59" x 81" quilt needs 468 2 7/8" squares that makes into HSTs which goes on to make 234 pinwheel units.

I fortunately have a bunch of Bonus Triangles from various previous projects and the generosity of my friend Debra.  Debra gave me a very large bag of HSTs a couple of months back.  What changes it up significantly is first I will be making my project larger to fit a king size bed AND second my pinwheel units will finish at 2 1/2" rather than 3 1/2".
So by now you may have figured out that I need way more than 234 pinwheel units!  I'm sure to use up all of my Bonus Triangles on Kutarug.  At the moment I'm squaring up hourglass units to 1 1/2".
Saturday DH and I put together a cat tower =^.^=.  Just a few short weeks until Kosmo and Kassy will be climbing up to look out the windows at the neighbor's bird bath and feeders.
Thursday at work there was a drawing that I won.  There are some pretty nice goodies in this basket!  The blackberry lollipops are a hit right now in the office.

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, I can't even think about numbers like that. If I thought too much about having to make that many HSTs, I'm afraid I would turn tail and run!
LOVE the cat tower. Won't that be fun!

Betty said...

The cat tower looks good, I am sure the Kitties will enjoy running up and down, playing tag your it....Great, you won a drawing filled with all kind of goodies, blackberry lollipops, never heard of them. Rah, Rah for the winning. You will be throwing those HSTs together very fast and the speed you go, you will be in good shape for a finish.

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.