Design Wall Monday, August 28, 2017

Here are the hour glass units that are done so far for Kutarug.  I have these six color families going.  I'll be heavy with the green, blue, black, and purple...not so much on the warm colors.
I have been preparing them in stages.  Frankly, as I have said previously, there is no idea on how many will be needed.  These are stitched all except the last seam putting the pair together.
These are the HSTs that are the driver for this project.  All of these HSTs have been seen the iron.  A few have been made into the 1 1/2" hour glass units in wait for a bit of variety with units yet to reach this spot.
This entire stack has been finger pressed, awaiting the iron before matching up into pairs to get to the put into the hour glass units.  Although I do not have a photograph to show any waiting to be trimmed...there is a stack of them too.  Definitely lots happening to move me through this UFO.  Of course, it will not be finished by month's end so there are two possible substitutions in wait for the September UFO announced to take August's place.
The last of the kitty toys arrived over the weekend.  There is a battery tucked under the leaves that moves the wire holding the bird around the petals.  This is sure to become a wingless bird soon!  Kosmo and Katastrophy (the twins as my Mom calls them) are picked up from the breeder on Saturday morning.  DH and I will be quite busy over this Labor Day weekend...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Love your hourglass units - the colors are so rich! Look forward to hearing the kitty stories!