Sunday Stash Report, August 27, 2017




This week once again nothing to change my stats.  I did get a some things done though.  My trip to the East Coast changed with the onslaught of Hurricane Harvey.  My trip to Orlando put me through Houston and Austin just before Harvey was to hit land.  I decided best not to chance anything.  The airlines had made suggestions that anyone traveling from Thursday through Sunday through the path could cancel or change their flights without penalty.  So I took it.  Changes to have me go straight to my parents at the late date were just too much.  So a later time this year will be arranged instead.

Tiffany's Sunbonnet Sue quilt is finished along with the two pillows.  Only a label remains.  The blocks with the exception of a few were made years ago.  This year when mom visited a setting and assembly of the top started.  Now it's done to the delight of mom and Tiffany.  My favorite Sue has to be this one with the frog and plaid fabric.

There is still more painting to be done, but here's a peek at what kept me busy much of Friday and Saturday before the sun came out.  The wood loved the new paint so much that more than a gallon will be needed to finish.  I got about half way finished before running out.  Home Depot is on my list to get to during the week.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 98.5 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  31.25 yards
Net used in 2017:  67.25 yards


2 comments:

Janet O. said...

So sorry you had to cancel your trip, but you were wise to do so.
What a sweet finish. That is a cute Sue with the froggy dress. :)
Oh, I would help paint if I were nearby. I love painting things. Looks really nice.

Kerry's Quilting said...

Sunbonnet Sue looks great-there were many that I liked! I know you will look forward to a future trip to visit family.