Design Wall Monday, August 7, 2017


Kountry Kollection is complete.  I've had these blocks since 2012 when I made it as a block a month project throughout that year.  The challenge was through Jo's Country Junction making Lori Smith's Designs from her patterns Quilt Squares #1, #4, and #6.  Each pattern came with several block variations.  The participant finished each either as an individual or a combination of some or all of the blocks.  This year it was way past time to assemble them into a collection.  All that was left was figuring out a setting.  I like how it has turned out with the sage green and ivoryish four patches.  I will be looking for a blue for the binding.  Kountry Kollection is #6 on my 2017 UFO List finished ahead of schedule.

I have also been working on the binding of Kompass.  Kompass will be in the San Diego Quilt Show as a judged entry.  I am planning on entering it in Road to California as well.

Now to get back to Kutarug!


1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Having followed the making of these blocks, it is great to see them come together in a quilt. Makes a wonderful sampler!