Sunday Stash Report, January 15, 2017


Saturday we met up with Don and Rita for wine tasting in the Temecula Valley.  We were very lucky that it was one of the best days of weather over the last week.  A new place was found called Foot Path Winery.  We arrived fairly late, but were greeted as if we were long time friends by the owner (in the photo).  I didn't catch his name...we will certainly learn it during our next visit.  Rita and I found ourselves enjoying several red wines; a big surprise for the two of us white wine lovers.  Tim left with a gift of a Gold Award Winning 2003 Late Harvest Zinfandel.  Rita and I left with a new appreciation for reds.

A little bit of sewing during the week, but preparation for the workshop coming on Wednesday at Road to California Quilter's Conference and Showcase along with preparation for the carpet installation that happens on Friday/Saturday.

Fabrics are selected and being readied for the class, A Tarted Up Pineapple.  I will be using fabrics in the colors of my home for a small wall-hanging.  A brownish green will be my dark, a tanish color will be my light, and several shades of burnt orange and a single blue for the pineapple design.  I have a location in mind where it will match the drapes in my kitchen dining area.  Most of the fabric comes from my stash YIPPEE!

For now my stash has no change.  Kozy Korners still needs a fabric for the third border and the tanish color needs procuring.  There should be a change in the numbers next week...the Vendor Mall at Road to California is one of the best!

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  0 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  0 yards
Net used in 2017:  0 yards

See what is going on with stash elsewhere through the links at Patchwork Times.  Enjoy your week.

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Very striking color combo for your pineapple!