Design Wall Monday, January 23, 2017


My Design Wall doesn't have much activity lately.  I cleared it off over a week ago, threads and all, in preparation for carpet installation that took place last Friday and Saturday.  The photo above is what was accomplished at the workshop A Tarted Up Pineapple taken at Road to California on Wednesday.  I am at Round 5 of the smaller pineapple block with five more rounds to go.  I will be making three of these blocks.  Just now noticing that I made four...oops!  The project is much larger; mine will be a wall-hanging with a total of six blocks (three of each kind) and a border.


The three larger blocks are now on my Design Wall and this kind is finished.  The smaller pineapple block takes quite a bit more time.  Both kinds of blocks use the Bloc Loc Pineapple Ruler.  You can just about make it out in the first photo.

I will be sharing more on this project as time goes by.  Now...how about a "K" name?  We are having some very wet weather lately in San Diego.  We need it to resolve the drought, but it sure isn't the typical San Diego weather!

See more projects via the links at Patchwork Times.

1 comment:

Joy D. said...

Those are looking great! I hope you enjoyed the class. How about Kolada as a name, as in Pina Colada? I hope the sun shines soon!