Sunday Stash Report, February 1, 2015

On the last day of January I worked on Kurry.  I have quite an assortment of the yellow background blocks.  Right now I think I will need 19 sets (2 per set) of the yellow.  The top right starts the transition into the pink side of the quilt.  I am very anxious to lay this out on my design wall, but want to have a few more sets of the yellow made up first.

This week I am happy to say that I have a use and no adds.  YIPPEE!  My Downton Abbey Mystery Quilt project by Tiffany Hayes is done.  I am still trying to decide on a name, but I'm leaning towards an Abbey called Kingswood.  Google helped me uncover this name.  It kind of fits the manly theme of the fabrics.  The top fabrics was purchased at the workshop.  I will be able to use the leftovers which there is very little of along with some from my stash for the back.




Here are my stats for this week.  Hope your day was perfect.  Patchwork Times will connect you to other quilters using up their stash.

Used this week: 10 yards
Used YTD: 42.75 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD: 24 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  18.75 yards

Anxious to learn what project I'll be working on this month.  Aunt Marti will be announcing that number to work on and there is a Parade of UFO Finishes to be seen today on her site.


5 comments:

MartiDIY said...

You did have a good week, congratulations! Love your Downton quilt too. My favorites are blues and yellows and those blocks are gorgeous.

Nancy J said...

You have chosen a great name for your quilt, and so very fitting, as Holden made the " Kingswood" model car way back in the 1960'6 and 1970's,A real man's vehicle, and this all fits in with your choice. The new blue and yellow look great. Have a super week ahead.

Janet O. said...

I'm excited to start seeing Kurry come together.
Sounds like you have found a great name for your mystery quilt. Very fitting!

Dar said...

Great usage this week. I like the way Kurry is looking. Can't wait to see it spread out on the design wall.

Betty said...

love the look of Kurry, it will be awesome. Kingswood sounds like a great name. I Really like how it turned out. Good Job./