Design Wall Monday, September 9, 2013

First let me apologize for such a full Design Wall!  I have been so busy and I have way too many things going on, but that's a good thing right?

What is in front of Wendy's project is the one that needs to be finished first.  Kandle Kounting is a Buggy Barn design called Today is your Birthday!  I'm making it for my sister...sshh...it is a surprise for her big 50th that is early October.  There are 12 cakes in three colors; black, cream, and red.  I used Buggy Barn's Angle Among Us fabric line for most of the project.  Each of these blocks get trimmed down to a consistent size and set four across and three down.  There is lettering that will go on the top and right side 6" borders.  I'm working hard against the clock to have this done by Saturday.



Then there is Wendy's project the L-Medallion quilt by Marti Michelle.  I have the setting triangles and the borders to put together yet.

Last Thursday I took a class with Joyce Weeks.  We made her pattern Survivor.  I have five done with much more to do.  I'm excited about the start.  I would love to be working on this project.  So disappointing to take a class and want to keep going with it but instead need to be working on something else.

I took a second class with Julanne Bergstrom on Saturday.  We made If the Hat Fits! by Buggy Barn.  I got one of the witches done during class, but this one too needs to be put on simmer until I can get other projects where they need to be.

Tonight to keep up with Deck-ade the Halls I will be working on the mugs.  It is the last blocks to be made before assembling the project.  There are a group of us with Sunshine Quilt Guild that have been making this project from Fat Quarters Shop through the summer.  We are planning a Show and Share at our first meeting of this new membership year on Tuesday night.
I'm real happy with all my projects even if I have a cluttered Design Wall!  Enjoy your week and hope you find a bit of time to see other quilt projects and a clearer Design Wall through the links today at Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Lots if great activity going on - I especially like that witch!

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

Your projects are really beautiful! I want to do the Deckade the Halls one, but have been busy doing Comfort and Joy. And too many other projects. I'm saving the patterns, though. Maybe soon!

CindyC said...

Oh my! You are a busy quilter! Love the Buggy Barn stuff. I have one book, but haven't made a quilt yet. I need to keep it in mind. All of your projects look great.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your design wall isn't kluttered at all! I love seeing all that you have going on! I'm always amazed by how much you get done!

Janet O. said...

That is a design wall being put to good use! Good luck on the deadlines.
I have to say that Wendy's quilt is so pretty--but I say that every time you post it so you are probably thinking, "Yeah, I know you think that that." : )

Gari in AL said...

Love your Halls, you are keeping up and I am falling behind. And your wall looks like my projects, lots going on and only a little getting finished. But that's part of the fun, isn't it?