Thursday, September 12, 2013

I'm moving right along with Kandle Kounting.  At lunchtime yesterday I cut out the first of the letters.  There are lots of repeat letters and the freezer paper templates will work multiple times...so when I got home the second set of letters were ironed down to the felted wool.  I'll be cutting them out today at lunch.  That will leave me with only a couple more letters to go.  I will be adding the letters on after the quilting by hand with a slip stitch using pearl cotton.
After dinner and cleaning up I trimmed down the cake blocks.  My finished block size is 12" x 22 1/2" contrary to what the pattern mentions.  It doesn't seem possible that they could be cut smaller as I'd loose some of the last cake layer or the flame on the candle.  No matter though, the quilt size will be just a bit larger.

I hope to get to either Beverly's and/or Paradise Quilters tonight after work "back" hunting.  I want a one piece back, but that is looking doubtful at this point.  Going to be looking for something that matches the dark cream.  I'd love a stripe for the binding if I can find it.  Pearl cotton to match the red felted wool is also on the shopping list.  The candle is burning fast on this project...

Enjoy your Thursday!

4 comments:

Betty said...

You are going to make it! The Kandle quilt is so neat, your sister will love it, however who wouldn't. So cheerful and lovely

Janet O. said...

The cake quilt is coming together beautifully. What fun! You do not waste a minute, do you? Even during your lunch breaks you are "producing" on your quilts! Wow! : )

Jackie's Stitches said...

Reading this post, I thought "she must work from home". How wonderful it would be to sew on my lunch hour....even if it was just 30 minutes!

Unknown said...

Love the Buggy Barn birthday! BB quilts are a lot of work/sewing, but just plain FUN. Cozy has colored perle cotton...get it at strip club tomorrow?!