Friday, September 6, 2013

What a busy day today.  The quilts at the San Diego Quilt Show were wonderful.  Everywhere eye candy!  We had a two hour break in our workshop to take in the show and of course the vendors.  I have photos of all the ribbon winning quilts that I will share with you over the weekend.  I give you one in this post that in my opinion should have won something for it's humorous appeal.  The roll was pretty full too! 
These were the blocks I finished during class.  We had a small class, but all that much more attention individually by Joyce Weeks.  Being a scrappy quilt there was much cutting involved to get that important variety.  I pretty much cut most of the morning, so the afternoon saw more sewing.  Joyce introduced us to a new ruler...this one for flying geese squaring up.  It is called Fit to be Geese by Open Gate Quilts.  She had some available in class to try.  I was sold and Joyce had few available to purchase.  One came home with me.  There will be more on this project a bit later and the ruler.
Wendy, I'm coming along on your project.  I finished the center Wednesday evening and now I'm putting the pinwheels together.  The pinwheels go around the center and the 12 blocks get set on point after the pinwheels.  I'm nearing the home stretch.
Got to get my stretching in and to bed.  I have a full workday tomorrow.  Enjoy your Friday!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Love the toilet paper roll! I have the open gate ruler too and used it for Bonnie Hunter's last mystery quilt - it was great!

Janet O. said...

That is a very funny entry! : )
What a beautiful project you are making for Wendy--such deep, rich colors!
I am interested to see your class project come together. I love those purples!

Betty said...

I think the toilet paper roll is super, what a super idea. Wendy's quilt is coming along very nicely. I am sure you will be sewing all weekend.