Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I have my Quilt Square Quilt Along block for October finished.  This is a year long project with Jo's Country Junction where Lori Smith's Quilt Square patterns #1, #4, and #6 were used.  I never did find on Jo's website where to "link up" September's block (the 9-patch on the bottom right).  I suppose I'll be able to show it too when I "link up" in October.  Only two more blocks for this year to go.  I think I've got the color mixed up enough now.  Maybe I'll tackle the applique offering if Jo has a "your choice block" with pattern #6 as she's had with #1 and #6.  These patterns are designed to be small quilts, but I've chosen to make mine into a sampler.  Time is coming to start thinking about a setting.



I went during my lunch break on Tuesday to Quilters Paradise in Escondido, CA.  I thanked my buddies for allowing me to spend more than they did combined...LOL!  The entire purchase has a project to go into so none of it will collect much dust.  The fabrics above (less the batik to the right) are for the Mystery Class that I'll be taking at Road to California quilt show in January.  There is a lot of precutting to do on this project.  It makes a huge quilt.  I'm a bit concerned that the scale of the focus fabric is a bit big.  The instructions didn't include what scale the design should be.  I may drop the instructor an email to see what she thinks about how my fabrics will work.


I also purchased eight 1/2 yard pieces of mostly neutral batiks.  I took a 2 1/2" strip off all but one for building up a jelly roll that my Mom will use in the class she takes at "Road".  The rest of these less the redish batik will be used in one of the projects from the book below.  I'm still undecided which of the designs I'll make. 


After getting the Quilt Square Quilt Along block finished I worked on cutting the last of the pieces for Knoted from the collection of batiks I showed yesterday.  Knoted is my final UFO for 2012 to complete.  I'm hoping to work on it yet this week.  Now that the cutting is done I'll fly right through it.  There may just end up being three quilts in my trunk to get to Kerry's Quilting!  I'm excited in that Knickles is finished and ready for me.  Just need the opportunity to get to Kerry's.

No sewing tonight for me.  DH and I are going to a concert at the Sports Arena in San Diego.  Bob Dylan and Mark Knopfler will be crooning for us.  DH has enjoyed Bob Dylan music since his teens; he's not one of my favorites...maybe he's better in person?  Mark Knopfler is popular from the Dire Straights as the lead singer.  Mark has been on his own now for quite some time.  He doesn't perform much in the United States, so when he's around you got to see him!  Before the concert we'll be having Phil's Barbecue.  We've got a fun evening planned that starts with a shortened work day!

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Your quilt squares are all just beautiful. Have you any ideas of whether or not you will sash them, and what color you might use if you do?
I love all of the batiks. I have a design in mind for the batik scraps you sent me--well, maybe two designs. : )

Betty said...

Nice block, and all thoses blocks will make a lovely sampler quilt. Oh, the batiks you got are so beautiful. Hope you enjoyed your concert?