Design Wall Monday, October 22, 2012


I have another 2012 UFO done ahead of schedule.  This is Kooky Kins a design by Buggy Barn called Crazy Jacks.  The pattern can be found in the Frightfully Crazy book.  This is the second time to make it.  I had to have one of my own.  Used up a lot of my purple stash and the bright oranges took a hit too...yeah for using the stash.

Here's Kooky Kins back.  There are a lot of my favorite purples in this back.  The squares are 11".


This is my October quilt block with Jo's Country Junction.  Jo has been coordinating a block a month from Lori Smith's Quilt Squares designs.  This is one from her #6 pattern.  I selected four different colors for the stars.  Creams for the background.  The browns for the sashing corner stones.  The darker cream for the sashing.  Finally the borders.  I have the pieces cut now and will be sewing this project next.


There are lots more sewing rooms to look in with the links at Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great pumpkins!

Betty said...

I just love the border on the jack oh lanterns. So different and so colorful. Great job!

Janet O. said...

Kooky Kins is sooo cute! I can understand needing one for yourself. It just makes me grin!
Look forward to seeing the next Quilt Square come together. Every one you have made so far is beautiful. This is a project I wish I'd had time to do, but I had myself into too many weekly/monthly projects already when I heard about it. I've got several of Lori's patterns for small quilts, so I just need to do it on my own, but it lacks the motivation factor of a Quilt-Along. : )

Pattilou said...

What a fun, fun quilt! Great border.
Reminds me of candy corn.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Mine is up as well this week!

We are twins!

glen

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love Kooky Kins and have that book on my wish list. Your candy corn border is fantastic!

Gari in AL said...

The pumpkins are great and I love the back. I have done a couple of backs like that and almost like them as much or more than the front I did so much work on. ;-)