Tuesday, October 23, 2012


I didn't get as much sewing done as I'd hoped on Monday evening.  I got a bit side tracked with selecting fabrics for Knoted.  I'm going today during my lunch break with Bonnie, Delinda (maybe), and Sue to Quilters Paradise in Escondido.  The owners have decided to concentrate their business on laser dye kits; so another great quilt shop closes it's doors soon.  We've seen four quilt shops in my area go different ways since June :(!


I hope to pick up some fabric for a few projects that I'll take on in 2013.  What better time than a 30% discount at Quilters Paradise.  I've already got my list of 12 patterns for my 2013 UFO Challenges.  Have you been thinking about what you'll take on next year?



5 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, I love the stars--and the batiks. Makes me want to sew batik stars, but I am currently a volunteer Halloween costume maker for grandkids, so I need to stay focused.
I don't choose 12 patterns for the year. Wish I was that organized and disciplined. I do make a list of things I'd like to accomplish, but there are not 12 of them and I don't usually get to them all. I get distracted by other opportunities and real life crowds in, too. You inspire and amaze me with your methodical accomplishment of everything on your list!

Teresa in Music City said...

Your stars are going to simply sparkle!!! And I am so jealous of all those luscious batiks!!! I know what you mean about the quilt shops. We are seeing that here too :(

I have actually been thinking a lot about my lists for next year - both UFO's and NewFO's! I'm excited about both :*)

Betty said...

Wow, Batik stars, beautiful. You are really ahead on u=your ufo's, good for you. Wonder what will happen when they all decide to close up. Really a shame.

Kathie said...

40 pddriet]
Beautiful batiks but then those are my love.

I can fully understand so many shops closing, people just are not buying a lot of fabric these days even with all the beautiful prints out.

Will have to show you a picture soon of what I am working on now as a shop sample with the new Stonehenge Aphrodite fabrics that look just like marble!!

Grit said...

Wow, this stars are so fantastic.
Liebe Grüße Grit