Saturday, October 20, 2012


I've finished piecig the candy corn border sections.  Next is sewing each of the sections together.  I'll measure out what's needed for the sides and top of the jacks center, but first I'll need to get the jacks ready.


Trimming the jacks down to 12.5 x 14.5 now.  I remember from the workshop that there isn't much stem so I won't be taking too much off the top.  I found in the workshop and this second time of making the Crazy Jacks pattern that there is about 1" or more around the sides extra to work with. 


My first two are done with seven more to go.  That's my morning so far.  I should be able to get the rest of the jacks trimmed and the jacks put together.  I'll have the candy corn border on in no time.


Right now it's off to Rosie's to use my Birthday Discount before the month is out. I will find something fun; thanks Rosie!  I may be able to catch Chris B while there.  Chris is already finished with her Neutral Block Swap blocks. 

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

The border is absolutely wonderful! This quilt makes me smile--I love the happiness of it!

Betty said...

What a happy quilt, one has got to have a smile, it is so darn cute, I love the borders, so different than what I have ever seen.