Wednesday Workings, September 10, 2026


I have the Block As done correctly now.  Just before leaving for the visit with my parents I noticed all of them being sewn incorrectly.  I along with Kerry tried to figure out what was wrong with the arrangement of the two block designs and couldn't come up with it.  Then it hit me about Block A not sewn correctly that was causing lots of issues with the arrangement.  I had time to put a few of the blocks right and then I had to stop and pack.

When you deconstruct a nine patch block (or any block) it takes the seam ripper and then pulling out the useless threads.  Those useless threads are tough to remove when you sew the units back together.  The seam ripper part was done before getting in the car to travel to the airport.  I pulled all the threads out during my flight and a little more during my ride with Karen to my parents home.

I waited until I was back home to sew the units back together.  Now I have the Block As arranged once again with the Block Bs.  I have moved a few of the blocks around to balance out the colors and patterns of this very busy project (Spider & The Fly, Bonnie Hunter).  Next up will be sewing these blocks and rows together.  I'm ready to go with the next step; one of the borders.  No more problems and Katydid should be into a complete top.  See what I can do between now and Sunday's post.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: