Design Wall Monday, July 24, 2023


I have been struggling getting the pieces just right for the book quilt.  I purchased the template set and expected to get instructions.  Well I suppose that was to much to ask from the supplier.  Won't be purchasing any other products from the site.  


Anyway, I did manage to make a pieced block, but it was tough trying to get the pieces to fit right the second time I put it together.  After much aggravation I resorted to paper piecing.  Frankly, not sure why I didn't think of this sooner!

Here are the first two blocks.  I changed the orientation of the yellow books cover (USA and girl) from the first time I sewed it down.  I still don't like it.  Perhaps I will change it again or remove it entirely.  It really doesn't need it, but I thought it would look cuter.  The first book looked real cute with the polar bear.  The instruction part that I struggled over are the pages of the book and the surrounding background.  I am giving myself a pat on the back for getting this project going in the right direction.  I don't know how many books my project will need.  Going to be fun digging through my stash to find "covers" that will work =^.^=

Enjoy the rest of the week!




 

1 comment:

Betty said...

Looks good to me! I am sure you will find some interesting fabrics for more covers