Sunday Stash Report, January 30, 3022

 

I started out the week with just two of the six cars for Karryon complete.


During the week I did a lot of cutting of pieces to make the rest.  This is the start of a second red and the finish of a yellow car.  I am not thrilled with the second red fabric because it may just be too light with the other three bolder fabrics all ready in the project.

Here is a look at what is done so far.  Sorry for the business of the photo.  I still have Kyushu taking up the majority of my Design Wall.  The last of the trees blocks were finished too.  There are only four tree blocks in the project.

Rosie's was a necessary stop to pick up just a little bit of fabric to finish off the remaining cars.  Like my stash, Rosie's did not have much to offer in the way of wordy fabric that could be used for the accent on the cars.  The top and bottom wordy fabrics will be used for sure.  Still debating on the middle one; likely it will be used for the less bold red and the new red will take it's accent.  Sorry probably confused you on this=^.^=  The bottom gold is a fail that won't be used.  From the black up will all be used.  There will hopefully be more to see on my Design Wall tomorrow.



The specialty ruler arrived and Sunshine January BOM was assembled.  I do like this ruler as it offers a very easy perfectly measured log cabin block.  Using this ruler you sew oversized strips and trim them up as you build the block.  I am happy to have learned about it.

So there is a bit of an add this week.  If DH hadn't driven I would have enjoyed a bit more time in Rosie's, but I got what I needed for now. 

Used this week: 0 yards
Used YTD: 0 yards 
Purchased this week: 2.75 yards 
Purchased YTD: 6.75 yards 
Net used in 2022: -6.75 yards



1 comment:

Betty said...

I like your Karryon
Some Times on the selvage sides of fabrics they have sayings on them?.. just a suggestion.
Love your log cabin block.