Sunday Stash Report, March 29, 2020

My QQAL project finished, well just about as it needs Kerry's magic next.  The picture is not the best.  It will have a gray backing and probably aqua or maybe black binding.  This project called Elvira by Gudrun Erla of gequiltdesigns.com will be gifted to Greyson.  Greyson is due in about ten weeks...plenty of time to finish and mail off to Virginia.  This one will head to Arizona just as soon as I have Kavort ready to go.
Speaking about Kavort.  I have it into three sections that will come together today.  Will be needing to cut off the tips and add three borders before it will be done.  The units of the pieced borders are already done so it will just be about assembling them.  When you see it tomorrow on my Design Wall I hope to have the first solid border in place.
I finished Sunshine Quilt Guild Challenge UFO#1 for April...complete with the label.  I think we might do a virtual show and tell since the meeting was cancelled due to you know what!  You can't see it well, but I got brave with the quilting on this one.  Had to do something with that big center square so I did free hand stars with red thread.  I made a template, penciled the likeness and sewed on the lines.  Pretty pleased with myself!  There is just one more challenge left.  UFO#6 is back to the two-step design.
Yesterday's mail brought me a package from Arizona, Kalypso and second charity quilt from mom's UFO.  (Mom's UFO was the red/black polka dots.)  Kalypso is from a 2018 Road to California Quilt Show workshop with Janna Thomas of BlocLoc making the Magic Mariner's Compass.  Kavort stepped aside so that the binding and sleeve could be attached to the two new arrivals.  Love to bind and these two will keep me busy while watching Star Trek: Picard.  We took advantage of the one-month FREE CBS All Access app.  We are through the first five episodes of the first season.  Liking it!  Of course my hands must be busy =^.^=
I also took advantage of a FREE Primitive Gatherings pattern called Village.  It will do perfect to use up scraps making the many houses.  Kerry mentioned Bonnie Hunter is offering, starting tomorrow, an eight week mystery project to keep us happily sewing.  Check out Quiltville blog tomorrow if you want to be involved.  I am trying to resist...I don't need to be starting anything new right now 😊😊😊😊😊😊

This week I am very happy to change the numbers.  QQAL Elvira completely from stash.  Take care!

Used this week:  6.5 yards
Used YTD:  30 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  10.5 yards
Net used in 2020: 20.5 yards