Sunday Stash Report, February 24, 2019



On Saturday several of the Sunshine Quilt Guild members learned how to make rope baskets.  Lorna was our instructor.  I'm measuring how long it might take to make pet beds.  It is inexpensive enough and I certainly have the scraps...  It takes clothesline rope, 5/8 to 1 inch fabric scraps, and lots of thread.  You wrap the rope with the fabric and join two rope/fabric with a zigzag stitch. The clothesline rope is polyester, but you can use cotton.  It can be found easily enough at Walmart or Home Depot along with other locations.  I plan to make the first one 16 by 20 inches at the base.  What you see in the photo is about 10 by 14.

The clip you see at the end is very important.  It holds all the wrapping secure until you sew it.  I'm anxious to get back to this project when Kilkenny Kat finishes.


Speaking of Kilkenny Kat, let's check out what I have today.  I was so concerned about the spacer inner border not being the correct size.  Silly me to question the knowledge of Bonnie Hunter!  (Dawn's Early Light, String Frenzy book.)  The middle is sewn and the outer border is too.  What is left is adding that 1 1/2 inch spacer.  It will be a creamy color.  I had hoped to claim it this week, but I will leave it for next week.  Monday I'll finish this up and get back to my purple pet bed.

On an earlier post I mentioned making a matching pillow case for the quilt, Kraft, I presented DH for his birthday last year.  I followed the pillow case burrito method.  It is a snap to put together with this method.  He was certainly surprised to get this today.  He really likes when I sew for him :)






















I couldn't have been happier to get a special gift from Chewy.  I have purchased from them a few times.  They have an area to set up a profile of the furry family members one purchases for.  Well I did that when I created my account.  Chewy took it upon themselves to have these painted from the photos that were posted.  I love them.  Everyone I've mentioned this surprise gift to has been as much surprised as me.  Anyway they look exactly like Katastrophy and Kosmo.  Of course I sent a thank you and heard back from Chewy how happy they were received.  Chewy is a great company in my opinion.  Have you known any company that would give you a surprise such as this?


I do have a purchase to grow my stats :(  I finally received (from China) a FQ bundle of light grays from Quilters Bay.  The fabric is okay, but likely had I known where it was coming from wouldn't have purchased.  It took a looooong time to get to me.  The price was right, it was a special that they do periodically on color.  Light grays are something that I use often for backgrounds.  A good enhancement if you are okay with the wait.

For this week my used is a zero and the purchased grows :( -

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD:  35 yards
Purchased this week:  1.75 yards
Purchased YTD:  25 yards
Net used in 2019:  10 yards


Finally let me share a sneak peak at Kandiyohi.  I got this back from Kerry on Friday.  The thread choice was fabulous for the project.  It is done in a feather design.  Can you see it?  I'll share this big quilt that was On Ringo Lake from Bonnie Hunter's 2017 Mystery with you when the binding is in progress.  First comes trimming...

Until the next time. Enjoy your day =^.^=

No comments: