Design Wall Monday, February 18, 2019

Kilkenny Kat
2018 UFO
This week Kilkenny Kat is the main focus.  I'm working on the sashing and borders.  Mine is a much smaller version of Dawn's Early Light by Bonnie Hunter. 



There is a 1.5 inch sashing to add between the blocks and four borders.  Three of the four borders are just 1.5 inches.  Two of those finish the Friendship Star (white star red background units). 





The last border is quite a lot of piecing, but perseverance will see it done.  What I like about this design is the using of 1.5 inch pieces and lots of it.  The neutral string blocks were from a swap I coordinated several years ago.  (There are no more units left from the SWAP now.)  Mom has helped me with her navy fabric.  I purchased a few more navy fabrics, but it looks like I'll need more still...

Enjoy your week everyone =^.^=

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

It is such a striking design! Looking forward to seeing the finish!

Betty said...

1.5 inch pieces in a border is way too much for me. lol Looking forward to the completed quilt. As you know my love for red, white and blue is my favorite.
Kilenny Kat is going to be special.