Sunday Stash Report, July 14, 2013


Kubicles, July 2013 UFO Challenge
Today I have two finishes to report.  Layer Upon Layer a pattern by Country Threads that is my July 2013 UFO Challenge.  This project went together so quick.  The pattern calls for a Layer Cake, but instead I used nothing but stash.  The constant center block fabric is also the back plus a little more of a couple of the plaids.  These fabrics aren't my "go to" colors...maybe that's why it was easy to find them all in my stash...guess at one point they were.  I'm sure you know how that goes =^.^=.  Thanks to Janet O for coming up with the cute name.  I'm anxious to see what Aunt Marti selects as our challenge for August.

2013 San Diego Humane Society Donation
27th Annual Fur Ball
I Love Puppy Dogs by Patti Bartlett of Heart String Treasures was selected this year for the event.  Kerry and I have been donating a quilt (or two) annually now for nine years to help raise funds for the animals during this black tie gala.  The quilt becomes part of a "Home" basket that is auctioned.  Next year we plan to put smiles on cat lovers with cat theme :)!

My next project is commissioned.  It was started and then shelved.  The owner still wants it done so I'm going to pick up the pieces and finish it.  There will be more about this project tomorrow so tune back in to see what I'm up to next.  I'll leave you with my stats on this middle of July Sunday.  There are lots more moving their fabric stash around that you can read about through the links at Patchwork Times.

Used this week:  11 yards
Used YTD:  217.25 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  53.5 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2013:  163.75

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great job with two finishes this week!

Betty said...

Wow, two finished in a week, don't you ever sleep? I like the name Janet O sent to you, fits the quilt. The Humane Society Donation is so cute. I know it will help their auction.

Terri said...

Speed demon! I love the colors of Layer upon Layer.

Jameson Olsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet O. said...

You are a marvel, Sandi! They may not be your current colors, but you have created a very graphic, pleasing quilt from them--and so quickly!!
Love those puppy dogs. : )