Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Here are the fabrics for Krossfire.  I needed to put the L-Medallion project on hold until the weekend.  I must determine what fabrics match the key...  There isn't much room for mistakes in the BOM project.
I have the Deck-ade The Halls done until the next download so...  Krossfire, one of the two remaining 2011 UFO projects starts.  I am pretty excited about this one.  It has the spikes that were popular in 2001 patterns with Judy Niemeyer.  
You may remember Kartwheels another of my 2011 UFO projects that finished a few months ago had the same design for its borders.
This is the first step in the project.  The Star Center.  The star is a light and dark where I will be using light shades of yellows to oranges along with dark shades of orange.  The yellows and oranges are all scrappy.  The purple will be the only consistent fabric in the entire project.  It will be used for the background of the big star.  Check out the pattern; there are 12 big stars.  Templates made and foundations have been separated.  I hope my stash holds up through the entire project =^.^=.  Okay Juli anxious to see what you think as I work through Jumping Jax Flash by Judy Niemeyer.

It's Wednesday!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh my! another "Sweetie" to be made. I hope someday you can be lucky to sell some of your beautiful work. I know the pile of quilts are building up. I like you name you chose for this one.

Janet O. said...

Sandi, where do you find them? Another amazing quilt and those colors are gorgeous. This is going to be stunning!