Saturday, July 6, 2013



I had the pleasure of sewing together a patriotic project for Kerry on Independence Day.  I'll give it to her later today when I see her for a bit of sewing in the afternoon.  DH and I celebrated with barbecue baby back ribs, chunky veggie slaw, pinto beans, and some fine crafted beer.  While I was preparing the slaw I listened to the fireworks going off in Maryland.  It was fun listening to the BOOM and BANG over the phone with my parents!  Of course we saw and heard our local fireworks display too.  Hope yours was fun also.

Today I've finished all the border pieces.  I'll be putting all the blocks together next.  I'm pretty certain I'll have Kaskade off the Design Wall and my July UFO started before the weekend is out.

Enjoy Saturday!

2 comments:

Betty said...

Wow, love the patroitic quilt, this one is right up my list of favorite quilts to make. Kaskade has really pulled together and is a beauty.

Janet O. said...

That was so nice of you to sew Kerry's patriotic little quilt. It is a nice one.
Kaskade looks beautiful!